Apparently we are in the path of what weather forecasters are calling the storm of the century. Now I realize that I’m a poster child for “skepticism” and I have been known to “pooh” these forecasts, but JUST in case, there are a few things Daryl and I need to do in preparation…
1. Check supplies of batteries. What the heck for? To put in a radio? We haven’t seen a “radio” since the seventies. (For the record, we have a DuraCell credit card)
2. Check for flashlight? Hrmpff. We’ll use our battery operated candles. It’s all about ambience.
3. Fill the bathtub with water. Um… we’ve done things in that tub that make us SURE to not use tub water for ANYthing.
4. Check bottled water. Do mixers count?
5. Get bread, eggs and milk. Oh wait… it’s NOT a snowstorm.
6. Check vodka supply. LOL. Like we’d forget that.
7. Check vodka supply, again.
8. Stay tuned to TV for up to the minute emergency coverage of the storm. Um… we have Comcast for cable and AT&T for our iphones. We’re screwed and will most likely watch a DVD of Mrs. Doubtfire.
9. Stay inside; drink plenty of fluids and rest. Wait… I think that’s if you’re sick.
10. Basically, Irene is considered an extreme blow job. Fortunately for us, we’ve got THAT one covered.